Skip to Content
Brown Paindiris & Scott, LLP mobile logo


In order to modify or change your custody arrangement, you must prove there was a substantial change in circumstances that warrant such a modification. Such a request typically involves changing an order of Joint Custody to Sole Custody, Sole Custody to Joint Custody, or for final decision making authority over an issue of significant importance to a child, such as medical (e.g. should a child receive a vaccination or non-emergency medical care) or educational decisions (e.g. where a child should go to school).