What To Do After A Car Accident
What Should I Do After A Car Accident?
Have you recently been injured in a car, motorcycle, pedestrian or truck accident? There are many important steps that should be done in the time immediately following an accident.
Wondering what to do after a car accident? Contact the attorneys at Brown Paindiris & Scott. We have multiple office locations in Connecticut. We offer a free consultation and are available to talk at any hour of the day.
What Do I Do After A Car Crash?
Injured in a car accident in Connecticut? Here are the steps you should immediately take:
- Call the police — You should immediately call 911 after the accident.
- Seek treatment right away if you think there is anything wrong — It is advisable to seek medical treatment even if you do not think you are seriously injured. Certain injuries may not produce symptoms right away.
- Exchange information — Exchange contact information with other drivers and any accident witnesses. Make sure to document phone numbers, email addresses, insurance information, license plate numbers, etc.
- Contact qualified legal representation — You should contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible following your accident. Please call our law office at 860-659-0700 or toll-free at 877-783-5367.
- Do not have the adjuster sign off on anything — Insurance adjusters will attempt to have you sign off on your claims very soon after your accident. Do not sign anything without first talking to a lawyer.
- Take photos — If you have a camera or a smartphone, take photos of the accident scene from every possible angle and perspective.
- Contact legal before providing any statements — Before you make any statement to your insurance company or the police about culpability, please talk to a lawyer from our firm. An investigation will determine potential multiple factors that contributed to your accident’s cause.
Claims Handled On A Contingency Basis
All car accident claims are handled on a contingency basis. You are not required to pay any attorney fees or costs unless we get compensation for you.