When should you seek legal advice after a car accident?
If you’ve recently been in a car accident, you might be wondering, “Do I need a lawyer?” An experienced lawyer who has handled CT car accident cases will be able to guide you through the sometimes-confusing steps of getting you the protection and compensation you deserve. Even if you aren’t suing an individual for causing an accident, you might still need a lawyer to get the proper coverage from any insurance companies involved.
If any of the items below are a factor in your automotive accident, you may need a lawyer:
1. Injury: If you sustain a injury in a car accident, you’ll want to retain an attorney. A serious injury may include hospitalization, broken bones or injuries that appear likely to become chronic conditions.
2. Death: Anytime there is a death related to a car accident that you are a party to – whether as the driver or if the deceased is a family member – you’ll want to contact an attorney.
3. Negligence: If there is evidence of negligence on the part of a driver involved in an accident, it’s a good idea to contact an attorney to help you determine your legal rights.
4. Construction Zone: An area on a roadway designated as a construction zone has special rules and laws. As a result, if you are involved in an accident within a construction zone, you should reach out to an attorney.
5. Insurance Issues: There are many scenarios where insurance can prompt the need for legal representation. For example, if a driver involved in the accident lacks insurance, that’s a situation where an attorney is required. Also, if an insurance company is refusing to compensate you for medical care, you could use a lawyer to help you negotiate.
The above list offers just some of the reasons why you might need a lawyer after a car accident in Connecticut. Even if you are simply confused following a motor vehicle accident, you can still contact a lawyer to see if he or she can help. Brown Paindiris & Scott is a Connecticut law firm with attorneys that regularly handle car accident cases. Our attorneys are used to hearing from people involved in car accidents and helping them determine if they need formal legal advice.