Providing A Wide Variety Of Workers’ Compensation Representation
Not enough people know that workers’ compensation covers a wide variety of injuries. Unfortunately, people often do not know about these rights because they rely on employers and employers’ insurance companies for that information, and these parties often neglect to inform their workers.
The only way to ensure that you know your rights is to depend upon an advocate whose loyalties are not divided between you and your employer. At Brown Paindiris & Scott, LLP, we have committed our entire practice to doing exactly that: advocating for your rights and your rights only in workers’ compensation cases.
Types Of Workplace Injuries: Hartford, Connecticut, Area Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
You want to consult with a workers’ compensation attorney if you have suffered any of these injuries as a result of your work:
- Amputation: Losing a limb doesn’t “just happen.” Especially if your employer or anybody else has told you that it was your fault, so you have no legal options, please come see us. We will ensure that you get the medical attention you require and that your legal options are protected.
- Back injuries: Because these injuries are so common, employers and their insurance companies often attempt to ignore them. Even if they do recognize the back injury, they may try to minimize your rights and the compensation due to you. At Brown Paindiris & Scott, LLP, we have decades of experience in fighting for our clients when back injuries are at issue.
- Brain injuries: As the medical community and the world at large come to a much more accurate understanding of concussions and their effects, we are also coming to a better understanding of treatment options. Brain injuries and head injuries, including concussions, can be addressed under workers’ compensation laws.
- Burns: A work-related injury caused by a burn can fall under workers’ compensation. Circumstances involving burn injuries involve chemical exposures, explosions and other circumstances provided for under the workers’ compensation laws. As with all injuries, you can only rely on your own advocate to explain your rights. Employers and insurance companies all have divided loyalties at the very least; they are not obligated to you the same way your attorney must be.
- Death: A work-related death can indeed fall under workers’ compensation laws, despite what your employer or its insurance representatives may have told you.
- Electrocution: Like burns, electrocution can also fall under workers’ compensation laws. Our attorneys will help you and your loved ones understand what kind of medical care options are available and how workers’ compensation can help you take advantage of those options, including recovering compensation for lost wages both now and in the future.
- Eyesight and hearing injuries: These are not uncommon injuries, particularly in construction and other high-noise occupations. The fact that these injuries are not uncommon, however, does not mean they are not covered by workers’ compensation laws. You can depend on us to help you understand how the law may apply in your situation.
- Mental health issues: Psychological trauma can also form the basis of a successful workers’ compensation claim. The attorneys of Brown Paindiris & Scott, LLP, can show you how.
- Occupational injuries and diseases: People normally think of as in relation to asbestos workers and coal miners. Keep in mind that, no matter your occupation, your workplace may expose you to any number of toxic substances. These substances can be located in the building materials themselves and other items in your workplace, including the duct systems and flooring. Our attorneys can investigate these circumstances for you with the power of the law behind us to get to the bottom of your injuries so you can get the care and compensation that your injuries require.
- Paralysis: Work-related paralysis, including spinal cord injuries, quadriplegia, paraplegia and other forms of limited paralysis, will completely change a person’s life. Our seasoned attorneys understand how to bring these cases effectively under the workers’ compensation laws to get you the medical treatment you need and the compensation you deserve.
- Repetitive stress injuries: Repetitive stress injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome are also often shrugged off by employers, who will make bold statements declaring the injury a preexisting condition or claiming that the injury is just part of life. Ignore those statements; instead, depend on our team to help you understand what your legal rights really are in these situations.
Serving Clients Throughout The Bristol And East Hampton, CT, Areas
Let us help you understand all of your legal options, not just the ones your employer and its insurance company want you to know about. Call us to schedule a complimentary initial consultation: 860-266-4278 or toll free at 877-783-5367. You can also reach us online.
Learn More About Our Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
These cases are handled by: