Property Loss, Serious Burns And Fire Loss Cases
In one case represented an electrician who was burned to death in an electrical fire which was caused by a leaky oil tank. There was a large recovery for the estate of the electrician who died in the fire while performing electrical work.
In another case, Attorney Jaffe successfully tried a case against the City of New Britain, where an electrician working on the school switchgear system was badly burned due to an arcing ground fault, which threw him across the room and burned 10 to 15% of his body, including parts of his face. Attorney Jaffe obtained a jury verdict of $1.75million in that case for his client.
In another serious personal injury case involving severe permanent burns, an infant was burned when she slipped into a bathtub, whose water was much hotter than anticipated due to a faulty hot water heater and attached thermostat. In successfully mediating this case, and recovering over $1million for his client, Attorney Jaffe hired several prominent expert witnesses in the installation of hot water heaters, plumbing and hot water heater design.
In another case fire loss case, Attorney Jaffe successfully represented a dentist whose office suffered extensive fire loss damage to dental equipment and other property.
Represented plaintiffs in numerous other residential and commercial fire loss and suspected arson cases, as well.