Electrical Burn Accident Legal Representation
An electrician, who was represented at trial by Attorney Jaffe, was severely burned in an electrical fire at New Britain High School, in which the following salient facts emerged:
- An electrician, while removing aluminum wire and replacing it with copper wire, turned off the power to the area of the switchgear system he was working on but he did not shut down the entire system. The city had not installed a ground fault system, which was required by the National Electrical Code.
- The system caught on fire as wires were removed and the electrician was burned on his face and body by a flash electrical fire. He severely burned all exposed areas of his body. He required numerous debridements and skin grafts, and he spent two years in rehabilitation.
- An investigation of the matter revealed that the switchgear system lacked proper insulation, in addition to not having a ground fault system.
Attorney Jaffe, with the assistance of several expert witnesses, obtained a $1.75 million verdict against the City of New Britain on behalf of the severely burned electrician. His efforts also were essential in ensuring that future electrical work at New Britain High School and throughout the city was performed safely and up to National Electrical Code standards.
Disclaimer : Every case is different to facts and circumstances and results will vary from one case to another. The announcement of the results of any one particular case should not be taken as to imply, or guarantee, certain results in any other case.