BPS is here to serve our clients during this COVID-19 crisis
BPS is here to serve our clients during this COVID-19 crisis. Pursuant to Governor Lamont’s Executive Order, legal services are essential services. Whether or not we are in our offices, the lawyers at BPS are accessible by e-mail and phone.
While courts remain closed for most purposes*, we remain available for advice and we will hold meetings by conference call or other electronic means as needed. Mediations and other meetings may take place in this manner if everyone agrees.
We continue to prepare contracts, pleadings, wills, trusts and other documents and to help clients plan for events which will occur once this difficult situation resolves. This includes advice about personal injuries, arrests, marital disputes, estate concerns, business matters and all aspects of law the firm usually handles.
You may contact individual lawyers from our bio pages directly or by using the “Contact Us” forms on this site.
*Until further notice, State Courts are open only for:
- Criminal arraignments of defendants held in lieu of bond and all arraignments involving domestic violence cases;
- Juvenile Detention hearings;
- Family orders of relief from abuse;
- Civil orders of relief from abuse
- Civil protection orders
- Ex parte motions
- Orders of temporary custody (Juvenile Matters)
- Orders to appear (Juvenile Matters)
- Emergency ex parte order of temporary custody
- Juvenile detention operations for detainees held for juvenile court
- Termination of parental rights
- Domestic violence victim notification
- Civil and family capias mittimus execution and bond reviews