BPS is here to serve our clients during this COVID-19 crisis. Pursuant to Governor Lamont’s Executive Order, legal services are essential services. Whether or not we are in our offices, Brown Paindiris & Scott, LLP Lawyers are available by email, phone and video conference. Read More.
You get more than a Lawyer...
You get a law firm
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Divorce Law
  4.  » What to do if you or your ex wants to move out of CT

What to do if you or your ex wants to move out of CT

| Feb 19, 2019 | Divorce Law |

Let’s say you and your ex-spouse have been divorced for a few years and you have two children together. Overall, you are doing a good job co-parenting. There have never been any major issues in your joint decision making and the children are doing well and are happy with their current parenting schedule. You then get a great new job offer – higher pay, better benefits, better work hours. However, taking this new position would require you to relocate to another state. Of course, you would like the children to join you. Your ex-spouse does not agree to you relocating with the children to another state.

What do you do now?

See our article that outlines the factors Connecticut Judges consider when approving or denying relocation with children. There is no general rule in relocation cases, and it is difficult to assess the likelihood of a relocation being granted. However, each Attorney in our Family Law department has experience handling relocation cases in various courts throughout the state. They can offer their insight and experience in working through these relocation factors with you.

If you are thinking of relocating, schedule a consultation with us today.

FindLaw Network