Attorney Sobin received his undergraduate degree from Providence College, and his J.D. from the University of Connecticut School of Law. During his first year of law school, Attorney Sobin clerked for the Honorable Alfred V. Covello, Senior United States District Judge. Thereafter, Attorney Sobin clerked for the City of Hartford's Corporation Counsel, State Senator Paul Doyle, and was an Honors Law Clerk for the United States Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, D.C. Attorney Sobin received the CALI Excellence for the future award in Historic Preservation Law and Public Policy. Attorney Sobin also had the privilege of being one of UConn Law's first students to graduate with an Energy and Environmental Law Certificate.
Settlements & Verdicts
June 4, 2019, Attorney Sobin secures $350,000.00 settlement for his client, a university student that was involved in a motor vehicle accident near campus. The accident involved six parties, with Attorney Sobin's client receiving the highest amount in the settlement. Attorney Sobin procured the settlement without his client having to go through the stresses of a deposition by posturing early and aggressively with evidentiary support.
July 6, 2017, Attorney Sobin secures $17,090.78 jury award after full trial to verdict in Hartford Superior Court following motor vehicle accident. Defendant contested causation as related to plaintiff's injuries.
May 17, 2017, Attorney Sobin secures $100,000 settlement, representing the policy limits attached to operative vehicle, for his client without having to file suit following motor vehicle accident in which client received scarring to face.
May 26, 2016, Attorney Sobin secures $206,953.53 jury award after full jury trial to verdict in New London Superior Court. The award represents the fourth highest verdict in the State for Premises Liability cases in 2016 (Connecticut Law Tribune, Top Verdicts and Settlements 2016). Read more here
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Motor Vehicle Infractions
- Defense of Minor Criminal Matters
- Land Use
- Connecticut, 2012
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 2018
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 05/2012
- Providence College, Providence, Rhode Island
- B.A. - 05/2007
- Honors: Political Science National Honor Society
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- CALI Excellence for the future Award: Historic Preservation Law and Public Policy
- EPA Honors Law-Clerk Clinical Legal Education Program, Washington, D.C.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Honorable Alfred V. Covello, Senior United States District Judge, Clerk
- City of Hartford’s Corporation Counsel, Clerk
- State Senator Paul Doyle, Clerk
- United States Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, D.C., Honors Law Clerk
- Pi Sigma Alpha