Senior Partner John Maxwell has been practicing law in Connecticut for over 30 years and joined the firm in 1979. He practices primarily in the areas of criminal law, civil litigation and workers’ compensation.
Attorney Maxwell frequently speaks at Workers’ Compensation seminars, and co-authored the book, Defending DWI Cases in Connecticut, with Attorney Jennifer Owens. The book is the definitive text on the ins and outs of DUI practice in Connecticut, and was published by The Atlantic Law Book Company in 2007.
Attorney Maxwell is admitted to practice in Connecticut, the District Court of Connecticut, and in the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. He is a member of the American Bar Association, Connecticut Bar Association and the Middlesex County Bar Association as well as the National Association of Criminal and Defense Attorneys and the Connecticut Association of Defense Attorneys.
Attorney Maxwell was selected by his peers to the Connecticut Super Lawyers from 2010-2012, and 2014-2015.
- Connecticut, 1979
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1979
- Upsala College
- B.A. - 1974
- Defending DWI Cases in Connecticut, The Atlantic Law Book Company, 2007
- What do you do if you Suffer Injuries in a Car Accident caused by a hit and run driver?
Honors and Awards
- Selected to Connecticut Super Lawyers, 2010-2012, 2014-2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Middlesex County Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal and Defense Attorneys
- Connecticut Association of Defense Attorneys