Ian C. Butler is a member of the Commercial Law and Real Estate Departments in the firm's Glastonbury office, where he counsels both individuals and institutional clients in commercial transactions and financing matters, including business formation, mergers, acquisitions, and real estate transactions and leases.
Attorney Butler is a graduate of the University of Connecticut School of Law where he focused on Business Law and Intellectual Property Law. While in law school, Attorney Butler spent three semesters working with small business owners on intellectual property matters in the Law School's Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship Clinic, for which he was awarded the CALI Excellence for the Future Award. Attorney Butler also served as Online Publications Editor of the Connecticut Law Review, which has published some of his work. Prior to joining the firm, Attorney Butler worked as law clerk in the corporate legal departments of two Fortune 500 companies headquartered in Connecticut.
Attorney Butler holds a bachelor's degree in Philosophy from Central Connecticut State University. He is a lifetime Connecticut resident, a native of the Town of Wethersfield, and an alumnus of Wethersfield High School, class of 2010. He is a member of the Hartford County and Connecticut Bar Associations and the World Intellectual Property Organization.
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 2017
- Honors: Intellectual Property Certificate
- Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, Connecticut
- B.A. - 2014
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Philosophy
- Note, The Ethical and Legal Implications of Ad-Blocking Software, 49 CONN. L. REV. (Dec. 2016)
Honors and Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship Clinic
- University of Connecticut Scholar
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Hartford County Bar Association, Member
- World Intellectual Property Organization, Member