Deborah R. Eisenberg
Deborah R. Eisenberg
I have enjoyed the practice of family law for more than 24 years. Practicing family law enables me to effectively use my listening, advocacy, problem-solving and negotiation skills to protect my clients’ interests and help them accomplish their goals. While I continue to serve clients in cases requiring court intervention, I find my collaborative divorce and mediation cases, which are handled outside of court, to be far more satisfying to me and my clients.
Before practicing law in my home state of Connecticut, I worked for several years in Washington, D.C., primarily for the U.S. Government Accountability Office, Congress’s “watchdog” agency. There, I directed investigations and program evaluations of federal programs affecting children and families, including Head Start, child support, day care, and others. The attributes that served me well in my work as an investigator –being discreet, dogged and thorough—continue to serve me well as a lawyer. Prior to joining Brown Paindiris & Scott, I operated my own law firm for many years during which time I had the pleasure of mentoring many new attorneys and law clerks.
Since 2011, I have been annually designated by my peers as a Connecticut Super Lawyer. I serve as a Special Master in the Hartford, Rockville and Middletown Family Courts. I am a member of the Connecticut and Hartford Bar Associations, the Connecticut Council for Non-Adversarial Divorce, and the International Association of Collaborative Professionals. I am a founding member of the Connecticut Collaborative Divorce Lawyers Group (past Secretary). I am currently the President of the Glastonbury Rotary Club and am a past member of the Board of Directors of the Glastonbury Chamber of Commerce. I received my J.D. from The George Washington University Law School, my Master of Public Administration degree from The George Washington University and my B.A. from the University of Connecticut.
In addition, I volunteer my time to mediate legal fee disputes between clients and attorneys as part of the Connecticut Bar Association’s Legal Fee Dispute Program.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Divorce
- Custody & Visitation
- Alimony & Spousal Support
- Child Support
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Post Judgement Modifications
- Collaborative Divorce and Mediation
- Connecticut, 1994
- District of Columbia, 1994
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1996
- The George Washington University Law School, Washington, District of Columbia
- The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut
- Anatomy of a Divorce, Glastonbury Adult Education, 1996 - 2004
- Family Law Guest Lecturer, Branford Hall Institute, Paralegal Program
- Attorney Trainer, Institute of Living Forensic Fellows Program for new psychiatrists
Professional Associations and Memberships
- President of the Glastonbury Rotary Club (2020-21)
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Deborah R. Eisenberg, LLC
- Partner, Frauenglass & Eisenberg, LLP, Glastonbury, CT
- Attorney, Law Offices of Andrew Feinstein, Simsbury, CT
- Senior Inspector, United States Small Business Administration, Washington, D.C.
- Project Manager, U.S. Government Accountability Office, Washington, D.C.
- U.S. History Teacher, Hartford, CT
Attorney Eisenberg has been designated a Connecticut Super Lawyer annually since 2011.