Simon J. Lebo
Simon J. Lebo
877-783-5367 (Toll Free)
Attorney Simon Lebo joined the firm in 1999 and his principal areas of practice include Elder & Medicaid Law, Veteran's Benefits, Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Administration, Business Law, Taxation and Real Estate. Attorney Lebo regularly prepares wills, revocable trusts (also known as living trusts), irrevocable trusts, special needs trusts, healthcare and financial Powers of Attorneys and living wills for clients all over Connecticut. In addition, he has served as Court appointed Guardian Ad Litem, Legal Counsel, and Administrator in a number of Probate Courts.
Attorney Lebo handles both simple and complex real estate transactions, including like-kind exchanges, commercial and residential real estate closings, as well as the purchase and sale of businesses. He has assisted his clients with creating new corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies to serve their business needs.
Attorney Lebo is admitted to practice in Connecticut and is a member of the Connecticut and Hartford County Bar Associations, and is a member of the Estates & Probates, Elder Law, and Taxation Sections of the Connecticut Bar Association. Attorney Lebo has received a designation by his peers as a "Rising Star" in Estate Planning and Probate in the 2011/2012 Connecticut Super Lawyers Magazine. Attorney Lebo is a VA Accredited Attorney, as well as a member of NAELA (National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys). In addition, Attorney Lebo has been an active member of the Hebron Lions Club, and has served as Secretary and on the Board of Directors. He has also been active with the Connecticut Ms. America Scholarship Pageant in the Southington and Plantsville communities.
Areas of Practice
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Probate Administration
- Taxation and Real Estate
- Trust Administration
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- J.D. (Cum Laude) - 1999
- Honors: Woolsack Honor Society, 1999
- Dickinson College
- B.A. (Magna Cum Laude) - 1996
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Recent 2009 Federal Tax Developments
- Changes in Connecticut's Estate and Gift Taxes: 2009 Legislative Session
- Has Divorce Revoked Your Will?
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Hartford County Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Estates & Probates, Elder Law, and Taxation Sections, Member
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, Hebron Lions Club
- Secretary and on the Board of Directors, Hebron Lions Club