Bruce E. Newman
877-783-5367 (Toll Free)
Attorney Bruce Newman has been practicing law for over 25 years and concentrates his practice in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, employment litigation, medical malpractice, product liability, and class actions where he has served as plaintiff's class counsel and liaison counsel. He is a Lifetime Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is composed of a select group of lawyers who have achieved million dollar verdicts and settlements in personal injury and wrongful death cases. In addition to Connecticut, he has successfully tried cases in New York and California. Based on his accomplishments, Bruce Newman was selected by the National Trial Lawyers as a Top 100 Lawyer for 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. He has also been ranked as being in the Top 1% of all attorneys by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel for 2015 and 2016.
Attorney Newman presently serves as plaintiff's class counsel in an action where a tentative $6.5 million settlement was reached in Adkins, et al. v. Nestle Purina Petcare Company, et al., pending in US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He has served as trial counsel for a number of successful verdicts including a case where the Second Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed and upheld a judgment of over $2.2 million for a client in a whistle-blower and freedom of speech case against Pfizer, Inc. He was also a signatory to a mediation agreement that resulted in a $24 million settlement in the Pet Food Product Liability Litigation.
Every case is different as to facts and circumstances and results will vary from one case to another. The announcement of the results of any one particular case should not be taken as to imply, or guarantee, certain results in any other case.
In addition to being a skilled advocate, Attorney Newman is a compassionate litigator and strives to give his clients personalized attention through the prosecution and handling of injury, accident and wrongful death claims. This is of course vital when the lives of individuals and loved ones have been dramatically changed through no fault of their own. Furthermore, through his experience in representing over 1,000 victims of accidents, he is familiar with the unique nature of all types of traumatic injuries and their long-term repercussions.
Mr. Newman has been a guest lecturer at the UConn School of Law. He has served as a volunteer in the past in support of a number of organizations, including those supporting Veteran's causes and Boy Scouts of America. Attorney Newman also recently appeared on a segment of NBC's Troubleshooters.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Construction Site Accidents
- Product Liability Claims
- Wrongful Death
- Worker's Compensation
- Employment Law including discrimination, whistle-blower, and freedom of speech cases
- Class Actions
- Medical Malpractice
- Connecticut, 1989
- New York, 1990
- California, 1990
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1990
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1990
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1990
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D. - 1989
- Honors: ; Runner-up, Baxter Publication Award
- Law Review: Albany Law Review, Note & Comment Editor
- Colgate University Hamilton, NY.
- B.A. - 1986
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Recipient LBJ Scholarship for Congressional Interns, 1985
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Economics
- McClain v. Pfizer, Inc
- Administrator of the Estate of CD v. Defendant Hospital
- Pet Food Product Liability Litigation.
- Guest Lecturer, University of Connecticut School of Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum